Avert has been a leading global provider of information on HIV and sexual health for over 30 years.
Our aim is to provide up-to-date, accurate, impartial and evidence-based health information – and on platforms that work for you – so that you can make better choices about your sexual health or provide trusted information and advice to your community.
Why should I trust Avert?
- We are accredited by the Patient Information Forum (PIF). We have the ‘PIF TICK’ quality mark, which means that our editorial processes have been reviewed by an independent body to make sure that the health information we produce is of the highest quality, clear and accurate.
- We are verified and green rated by NewsGuard, an internet trust tool that provides detailed trust ratings for 6,000+ news websites that account for 95% of online engagement with news.
- All our information is reviewed by subject matter experts. Our expert peer reviewers check to ensure all information is accurate and up-to-date.
- We only use the highest-quality data and evidence sources which are vetted by robust internal processes. We provide references for all of our content.
- We are led by research. We conduct weekly reviews of all the new research and developments that happen in HIV and sexual health. This means that our information is always up-to-date with the latest information.
- We regularly review and update our content. We have rigorous internal systems to ensure that our content is regularly reviewed and updated with the latest evidence from HIV and sexual health. We tell you when our pages were last reviewed and when they are next due to be updated.
- We have over 30 years’ experience in producing the highest quality information on HIV and sexual health, giving our users the knowledge, skills and confidence to take control of their sexual health. Our staff have decades of international experience across the HIV and sexual health sectors.
- We are signatories of the Patient Information Forum’s Health and Digital Literacy Charter, which aspires to make it easier for people to navigate, understand, and use information and services to take care of their health. We have also endorsed the Principles for Digital Development, which are guidelines designed to help integrate best practices into digital programmes.