Are you looking to:
- improve your online offer
- use digital technologies to support your programmes and interventions
- create targeted communications for the populations you serve?
We can help!
Avert is a UK-based charity that creates and supports targeted digital communications content, campaigns and platforms on HIV and sexual health.
We want to work with like-minded partners to share our learning and help you use digital effectively to support your work.
Why partner with Avert?
We offer support and expertise in:
- creating engaging and accessible content on HIV and sexual health, using a range of creative media
- developing digital platforms suitable for different contexts and populations, even where connectivity and tech literacy is limited
- co-creation approaches to develop materials with audiences and end-users
- social marketing to increase reach and engagement
- digital project design and communication strategy development, to ensure interventions are relevant, evidence-based and meet the needs of the epidemic.
Examples of previous partnerships:
Our current and previous partners have included local NGOs, networks of people living with HIV, research organisations, tech development agencies among others.
Here are some of the projects we’ve worked on together:
- GNP+ - AIDSAlert
This is a new partnership to provide strategic support for the design and implementation of a digital platform to share information on HIV and COVID-19 with people living with HIV and provide a feedback mechanism for the issues people living with HIV are facing.
This partnership developed a mobile app to support the ongoing learning of the organisations’ community health workers and peer educators in Zimbabwe.
Praekelt and Avert worked together to create digital support groups for young people (aged 15-24) living with HIV in South Africa to support treatment adherence. Avert supported the project design and co-creation of content for this intervention.
This research partnership is jointly investigating how digital content can affect the intentions of young people to make healthy sexual health choices.
Supporting the WHO to produce their HIV news and newsletters. Our expert knowledge of HIV and the HIV response enabled us to create content meeting their technical and editorial standards.
What our partners say about us
Avert’s role and value added is in translating information and data into knowledge.
Avert can take experiences and make them available to larger audience, helping to influence change.
Avert uses co-design process well, uses the voices of local people.