You are here
University and College Fundraising
If you are at College or University, why not fundraise for AVERT during RAG week or get your club/society to hold a fundraising event? Doing something for charity allows you to develop your social, organisational, networking and event skills. It's also an opportunity to combine your ambitions with raising awareness for a cause you are passionate about.
We know you've got the imagination to create a great fundraising spectacle, but if you'd like to incorporate the AVERT theme we've got some ideas up our sleeve.
- Compete to 'win' donations: Have a cross-faculty sports day, battle of the bands, or fancy dress challenge and set up a different fundraising page for each team. The page with the most donations 'wins' the competition. The website JustGiving.com allows you to create 'team pages' - check it out.
- Take the AVERT AIDS challenge and compete for the highest score.
- Hold a club night with a difference: Encourage your attendees to wear red. If you have the facilities to project or display media, you could even screen our AVERT videos in the background. They look fantastic on a big screen.
- Be proud of your Prom: If every person who comes to your student ball or prom wears a red ribbon and donates an extra £1/$1/€1 for it, your event will have real visual impact and could raise a lot of money for AVERT.
- Get an article about us featured in your University or College magazine: We're happy to be interviewed and we can also provide you with pictures and quotes.
- Hold a themed bar crawl: Wear red, the colour of the AIDS awareness ribbon or customise your own AVERT t-shirts - email firstname.lastname@example.org to order some.
- Organise a fundraiser through a club or society: LGBT groups, politics groups and sports societies might be able to help.
- Hold a film screening: There are lots of films that touch on the issues surrounding HIV and AIDS. Choose one to screen and collect a donation in the ticket fee.
- Have a Bake Sale: Team up with friends and each bake a batch of cupcakes/brownies/cookies - whatever you want! You can then exchange them for donations to AVERT.
As a thank you for your support, we’re also happy to provide references for your CV for organising charity events on our behalf.
Fundraising for AVERT through your University or College RAG (Raising and Giving) or charity week is a fantastic way to raise awareness of HIV, AIDS and better sexual health. If there's an aspect of RAG planning that you'd like us to get involved with, our fundraising team will be happy to discuss your suggestions and offer help and support with promotion, marketing and fundraising legalities.
The AVERT team is on hand to share our fundraising knowledge and can also offer advice on talking about the issues surrounding HIV, AIDS and sexual health. If you'd like advice or assistance in creating the information material you need, for example using links to our website pages, games and quizzes or advice on talking about HIV/AIDS and sexual health, please get in touch.
Additionally, we can promote your fundraising activity or event on the AVERT website and our Facebook and Twitter pages. Our Facebook page would be the ideal place to post a link to your fundraising event or website, in order to promote it to the thousands of people that use our social network. Send us your photos, videos or stories and we'll be happy to write a post for our wall in the hope that together, we can inspire others to fundraise too.
Contact our fundraising team
Post: 4 Brighton Road, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 5BA, United Kingdom
Tel: +44(0)1403 210202 (Hours are 9-5pm GMT Mon-Fri)
Leave your feedback about this page
We are unable to respond to any personal questions, or offer advice or information in relation to personal matters.