AVERT regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as important to our successful operations and to the maintenance of confidence of those with whom we deal. This statement applies to any user of our services, irrespective of which country they inhabit.
We will ensure that our staff use and disclose personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection, as set out in the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act").
- Observe the conditions in the Act regarding the fair collection and use of personal information (please see below regarding personal information collected via our website)
- Meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which we process personal information, this information being set out in our data protection notification particulars which can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.dpr.gov.uk
- Collect and process appropriate personal information, only to the extent that it is needed to fulfill our operational needs or to comply with any legal requirement
- Ensure the accuracy of any personal information kept by us
- Apply checks to determine the length of time personal information is held by us
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom personal information is held, are able to be exercised fully under the Act
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information
If we collect personal information via our website, prior to finally submitting any personal information to our website, we will endeavour to ensure that you are informed as to:
- The purpose for collecting the information
- What the information will be used for
- How you can request copies of any personal information we hold on you
Please note that where our website contains links to other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and this statement applies solely to any personal information collected by our website.
IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We only use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer our website, track general user movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.