You are here
Creating a fundraising activity in a school is a brilliant way to practice your planning and team work skills. You can involve your friends and even your teachers. If you work together, you really can raise some money that makes a difference to other people across the world.
You can ask for donations from pupils on your non-uniform/mufti day, or hold a bring and buy sale, it's really simple to turn an idea into a charity event by asking people to make a donation to take part. You can sell something, cook something, sing something, draw something, dance to something...you can do anything to raise money for charity. Here's a few ideas to get you started:
- Auction off your artwork: See how much parents are willing to pay for your masterpieces!
- Concert/Battle of the Bands: Recruit talented musicians from your school and put on a show! You can ask for a donation as the entry fee.
- Fancy Dress: Get pupils and teachers to make a donation in return for coming into school in fancy dress. You can choose a theme, or leave it open and let everyone's creativity run wild!
- AVERT themed School Disco or Prom: You can sell red AIDS awareness ribbons, or include a donation as part of the ticket price.
- Hold a raffle: Ask local businesses if they will donate a prize and sell raffle tickets in return for a chance to win.
How can AVERT help?
AVERT can send you red AIDS awareness ribbons which you can sell, badges, stickers, t-shirts and collection tins to help you fundraise.
It's important to get permission from your teachers or school before you start a fundraising event. Once it's over, tell us about your success and we'll send you a certificate to say thank you for all your hard work!
Contact our fundraising team
Post: 4 Brighton Road, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 5BA, United Kingdom
Tel: +44(0)1403 210202 (Hours are 9-5pm GMT Mon-Fri)